Sunday, July 29, 2007

New Car


Well, it was finally time to trade in the ole Camry. After 8 years and 140,000 miles we made the plunge. We spent the weekend car shopping, checking out the Subarus, Volvos, Toyotas and Jeeps. To both of our surprises, we ended up with a Jeep Compass. I had never even heard of them, but when we were test driving the Libery, the Compass caught my eye. Once I started looking it over and saw the gas mileage was way better than anything else we had driven, saw the option package was awesome (sunroof, 6 disc CD changer, lots of plugs, bells and whistles), the space in the backseat better than any of the other cars and the price was low I was sold. Then when we test drove it, I was really sold. It doesn't drive like a Jeep - it's a really smooth ride and easy to maneuver. The only potential drawback we could see is that it loses some space in the backend because of the rounded hatch. But it definitely has more room than my Camry or the station wagons we had driven. The color is silver and we pick it up tomorrow night.

No comments: