Monday, April 14, 2008

Sick Days


I've had a bit of time off for the last few days. . .

Thursday Kylie missed school with a mysterious illness that turned into a stomach bug. So I missed my full day of work that day and she was still sick on Friday so another day at home. . .

Saturday was an ok day for health. . .Melanie made it to drama and Kylie to her first day of soccer.

But then Sunday morning Melanie woke up with a horrible cold. . .sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, fever. . .you name it. I was supposed to teach Sunday School but had to back out of that.

Last night she was still pretty bad, but I was optimistic that after a good night's sleep she would be ready for school this morning.

Not so much. . .

She woke up with her eyes swollen, puffy and crusty, runny nose, cough and chills. It would have been child abuse to send her to school, so I called into work AGAIN. Now, I only have been working Mondays and Thursdays, so it's tough to miss two days in a row.

What have I been doing while I have been stuck at home? I spent four hours raking yesterday (still a ton left to do). I've done laundry and cleaned. (Why is the the house is still a mess?) What I've most enjoyed is reading and playing games with the girls. Since Kylie was at school this morning, Melanie and I got to play some of the "grown up" games that we can't play very easily with Kylie around, which included Battleship (I won) and Scrabble (she won. . .but she got all the good letters AND had my help).

Now they are playing together. . .building a Pet Shop Dream House. They could be at that for hours. They are so cute when they get into their pretend play.

This afternoon, Kylie has picture day for her dance class recital. We have to do the hair (in a bun adorned with flowers), makeup and costume (I have to like sew it or something). We'll see how that turns out. I'd better start on it now. Yikes! I only have 2 hours! I'll do photos of that too.

No comments: